Tuesday, August 13, 2013

A Good and Ugly Cry

  Next week, we take Shaggy of to college.
 I would swear that it was just yesterday that I took him to Mrs. Taylor's kindergarten class. 


He is ready to go. 
He is a man. 
It is time for him to experience life on his own. 
I know that we have done a good job in the long run. 
My brother in law sent the following audio clip to me several weeks ago. 
I could not listen to it until yesterday morning.
  I did the "ugly cry". 
Alone.
The summer between high school and college.
The guarded privacy.
The mood swings.
Returning from move in day with one less member of the family in the car.
The whipped cream cheese.
When you have time to listen, please do so. 
 It is well worth the tears...

2 comments:

Chris Camarena said...

I tear up every time I think about "Move In" day. Ours is next Wednesday. I am so excited for our boys and their new adventure and so proud of them.

Country Gal said...

Okay. You made me cry, too. You've raised a boy to be proud of! But it's still hard to let them go!Thankfully I'm not losing one this fall - but next year...