Monday, July 22, 2013

Cruising...Day One


After a fun day at Epcot, we boarded our shuttle van for the drive to Cape Canaveral.  
I think it was about 40 minutes or so...not sure.  
Arriving at the port, brought all of the excitement that this cruise was happening after such anticipation, to the surface.
Disney's terminal is gorgeous.  
Light, bright and clean.
  We checked in and were given our cabin keys.  
YAY!!!

Upon boarding and having our names announced to the ship  (we were not the family of the cruise this time), we made our way the The Enchanted Garden Dining Room for a buffet lunch.  
Shrimp, fruit,  salmon, salads, beef..oh my!


When we boarded the ship. we carried on the bare minimum regarding bags.  
Our luggage would be delivered to our cabins, but not for several hours. 
 I brought my camera and the kids brought their bathing suits.  
That is a fantastic tip, as the pools are not crowded on this day because most people pack their suits in their luggage like normal people....
we are not normal people....
so after checking some of this new ship out.....
 
...and catching up with an old friend...


...Sugar Plum Fairy hit the pools and water slide.




After awhile, we wandered to our cabin and discovered it was ready.  
We had a cabin with a balcony, and from past experience I can tell you that with 5 bodies in the cabin..two of whom are teenagers, that extra bit of space is a sanity saver.

As we set sail, most people go on deck to participate in the Deck Party.
  Lots of music and dancing and general fun. 
 I tend to get grumpy when in crowds that size and when I am worried about losing track of Sugar Plum Fairy, I get really grumpy.  
I was perfectly happy to watch the send off from our deck and relax.  
The great thing about cruising is that one can do his or her own thing all day long.
 THAT is my cup of tea.







When we went to dinner, we discovered our door had been decorated with my sister's (and her family's) special and personal touch.
Fun!
Each evening, upon returning from dinner, we were greeted with chocolates and a new creation in our cabin
More fun stuff.



1 comment:

Michelle said...

Looking forward to seeing more!