Monday, June 17, 2013

A Graduation Speech


Last week, I shared pictures of my niece at her 8th grade graduation.
 I neglected to mention that she was the Valedictorian.  
Miss Emily has said I may share her speech with you.

9 years ago, we began a journey that brought us here today. 
We entered kindergarten. 
Most of us were scared little kids holding a loved one's hand. 
We let go and grew up so fast.         
7 years passed by in which we learned and matured. 
We developed personalities and made friends. 
Before we knew it, we were middle schoolers.
 Gone were the days of running around a playground and swinging from monkey bars. 
The world opened up so many new and wonderful possibilities: sports, marching band, color guard, winter season and so much more. 
After two short years, we've gotten to this point, graduation. 
As leave our position as Patriots, we step into the role of being a Tiger. 
These next four years will be filled with new friends, responsibilities, and experiences. 
In two years, many of us will start driving. In four years, we will graduate high school as responsible, independent adults, ready to take on the world. 
After thirteen years of school, we will head off in all directions. 
Some may join the military. 
Others may go to college or get a job. 
We all have bright futures ahead of us.
Thank you to all the teachers, staff, and administrators I've ever had. 
I'd like to give a special thanks to Mr. Mo and Mr. Munoz for helping me to grow both musically and as a person, and to Miss Jen and Miss Steph for pushing me so far and helping me realize just how strong I am. 
Thank you parents, siblings, friends, and family, because without your support, none of us would be where we are today. 
Finally, thank you class of 2013. 
We've made it this far together, and I am very excited for the years ahead.  

Have I mentioned that I am a very proud aunt?

No comments: