Tuesday, May 7, 2013

What IS that Sound?

I woke up about 45 minutes ago to an odd sound.  
As I lay in bed wondering what the sound was, my mind fulling awoke and I knew there was no getting back to sleep.  
So, I did was any slightly crazy woman would do....I got up before 5:00am, made a cup of coffee and turned on the computer to do some research into this strange noise was.
  I opened the window and felt the cool air rush in.  
Very nice. 
 I could hear birds singing in the darkness..yes, it is quite dark at this hour.  
And that sound...
what is it? 
I believe Wikipedia has given me the answer.....

Rain is liquid water in the form of droplets that have condensed from atmospheric water vapor and then precipitated—that is, become heavy enough to fall under gravity. Rain is a major component of the water cycle and is responsible for depositing most of the fresh water on the Earth.

After not a single solitary drop in April...
with farmers getting less that 20% of their allocated supply...
with dust a major factor and Valley Fever cases on the rise...
with wells drying up... 
and no snow in the mountains, 
this is literally a Godsend.
  I am sure it won't last long, but is is a reminder that God will provide.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Glad you are receiving some rain. We have had more than our fair share so far in May.

Cheltz said...

Yay! Rain!!