Monday, May 27, 2013

Memorial Day

I will never forget the feeling I had when I first saw the American Cemetery at Normandy in France. 


I was just out of high school.
 I remember being in awe of the vast numbers of soldiers who lost their lives fighting for the freedom of others.
 I remembered seeing the Star of David for the first time on some graves.
 I remember reading the handout that listed the names. 
 I was saddened by the numbers of brothers...of fathers and sons...who gave their lives as Americans.  
I am honored and humbled by their sacrifice as well as that of their families. 
Today we honor our soldiers...from every battle...areound the world...who died for us.

1 comment:

Cheltz said...

It truly is amazing isn't it? We live such comfortable lives now, it's very hard to remember, I think :(.