Tuesday, May 28, 2013

It's The Little Stuff

Life if filled with all sorts of stuff, but it is the little things that make it a happy life.
 Like a clean dining room table.

 For the past month, it has been filled with school books and projects..it was cleared for dinner, but then filled again with stuff. 
School is out for two of our three kidnicks and I have my table back.
 I am happy.
Shaggy's diploma holder is EXACTLY the same as the one I received from the same school 29 years ago. 
Yes, I had to get the calculator out to figure that number out.  
The diploma itself is huge stuff, but the holder...little stuff.
Makes me happy.

I celebrated my birthday over the weekend and is was pretty close to perfect because of the small stuff.
My best friend brought me a lovely sedum and a hug.



 Do you have a friend with whom months can go by without a word and when you see her, it is as though no time has passed at all?
You pick up right where you left off?
No judgment.
No apologies.
No guilt.
No drama.
 Just pure friendship.
 She is her and she makes me happy.
Technology has changed everything in life...not for the better in some cases, but I must say that the numerous texts, FB messages and E-Mails that I received filled with birthday wishes, made me happy.

My parents made a special trip to spend time with me.
It doesn't matter that they had been over a couple days prior with Shaggy's graduation gift or that I had just stopped by their house for a visit.
 They came specifically to see me.
That makes me very happy.
It also make me happy that my Mommy knows a special spool of homemade kitchen twin on a cool holder would make me happy.


And this candle?



 VERY neat.
Have you ever seen such a thing?
The wick is a ribbon!
 They are called "Ribbonwick"...clever, huh?
They are made in the USA and also carry a line of wooden wicks.
 Love the vessels that the candles are in, too.
The simplicity of this make me happy.

I had requested from my hubby and kiddos no gift.
They spoiled me at Mother's Day and all I really wanted was a card and their words of love.
I got what I asked for in abundance.
Cards with words from their hearts...a handmade flower that will stay pretty for years to come and a simple basket of fresh strawberries from my son.
 It seriously does not get better than that.
My family...all of them...know me  and love me.
That makes me happy...and very blessed.

5 comments:

Cheltz said...

Happy Birthday! I love that sedum, and really all your gifts look just about perfect :).

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday!

twistedfencepost said...

I MISSED YOUR BIRTHDAY??!!
Happy belated birthday!
Your post is making me smile this morning. Nothing measures up to being surrounded by those you love.

Country Gal said...

Happy birthday! Sounds like a perfect day!

Country Gal said...

Happy birthday! It sounds like the perfect day!