Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Fair #1

 
 
 I am so happy that my kids and I are involved in 4-H.
 Last Saturday was the annual County 4-H Fair. 
It has changed over the years and does not include "market" animals anymore.  There were State regulations set in place several years ago that put an end to the auction portion and made raising those animals not as feasible...don't get me started.
Anyway, the Indoor Exhibits and non market animals (pygmy goats, dog, poultry, rabbits)  have their own day. 
 It is a place where 4-H members get to strut their stuff...literally in the Fashion Show portion.  I am always encouraged and proud that there are parents and community members who take time from their busy lives to teach kids how to do basic things like sewing...
 ...canning and gardening.
 
Some even learn how to set a creative and fun table...
 
 
...and make crafty things.
 
 
As the Cooking Leader of our Club, I took 11 entries to the fair from our members...
5 of those entries earned Champion Awards. 
I feel like a proud Mama!

5 comments:

Michelle said...

4-H is a wonderful organization. I am lucky that both of my kids have been involved with it as well.

Cheltz said...

Congrats! Looks like fun!

Liz N said...

Congratulations Jen! I did that when my girls were younger. They did well - unfortunately their Mom here is rather craft challenged!
xx

Liz N said...

Congratulations Jen! I did that when my girls were younger. They did well - unfortunately their Mom here is rather craft challenged!
xx

Melinda said...

Wow! You should be a proud momma!