Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Easter in a Nutshell

Our Easter Weekend began Friday night with Sugar Plum Fairy and I making LMM's Resurrection Cookies. 
This really is a special way  to teach the Easter Story to children and our daughter retold the story from the beating of Jesus...
 ...to the miracle of the empty tomb to perfection.

My parents joined us Saturday night for a dinner of Leg of Lamb and a yummy Pea Salad. (Recipe will follow)


 

 


We got a bit of rain overnight and the Easter Bunny hid eggs in odd places this year,
 
 
The weather was spectacular in the end and there is not a lot better than an older sister's help in the hunt.

We spent the afternoon at my sister -in-law's home complete with yummy food and family. 
Pretty nice weekend, I must say!
 
  Three Pea Salad
 (From Southern Living Magazine)
 
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
2 garlic cloves, pressed
1/2 teaspoon table salt
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup olive oil
2 cups blanched fresh sweet peas
2 cups trimmed snow peas
2 cups trimmed sugar snap peas
1 1/2 cups thinly sliced radishes
Whisk together lemon juice, Dijon mustard, garlic, salt, sugar, and black pepper. Whisk in olive oil until smooth.
Add sweet peas, snow peas, and sugar snap peas.
Add radishes.
Toss gently to coat.
 

3 comments:

Cheltz said...

It looks lovely! This is just now dawning on me, but does your family grow nuts?

Janie Fox said...

That salad look great. I am going to try it. You look fab my friend!!I got all caught up. And by the way love your table décor.
P.S.I am only taller than Annie Abbie and Maggie have me beat by 2 and 3 inches!

twistedfencepost said...

Those tulips are beautiful!
We had a fun Easter egg hunt her on the farm, too.