Saturday, March 30, 2013

One Year Later...

Today marks an anniversary of sorts.  


Shaggy lost a friend in a tragic car accident last year. 
 I talked a bit about it here.  
I still can not fathom the pain parents endure with the loss of a child.   
Over the past year, I know the support that Mr. and Mrs. Curry have received from Tyler's team mates and friends further solidifies the knowledge of just what a special young man their son was.
Seemingly silly, little things in our everyday lives...the fact they are all Cubbies...

The fact that #16 and #17 will never be just numbers again.
 
Tyler is thought of every time we attend church across the street from his parent's home...especially when looking at the Christmas Tree.

Throwback Pepsi has become a mandatory refreshment at any gathering. 


I will always think of Tyler when watching Lollipop Pop and my niece running the scoreboard at the baseball games...
Tyler taught them how to run it.

And I will forever make the sign of the Cross when passing the intersection where he was killed.

Tyler's short life had a profound impact on so many and we are all better people because of it.


3 comments:

Michelle said...

This is such a tragic event, when it happens. My son lost a friend/classmate a couple of years ago. It really changes things for everyone.

twistedfencepost said...

Touching tribute.
I remember several friends that I lost in my highschool years. As do my oldest remember their lost friends.
And I SOOO hope that my youngest will not have to struggle with a similar loss.

twistedfencepost said...

Touching tribute.
I remember several friends that I lost in my highschool years. As do my oldest remember their lost friends.
And I SOOO hope that my youngest will not have to struggle with a similar loss.