Friday, March 15, 2013

Another Random Post

The Laundry Room Project continues, but is at a standstill until Saturday.  
I have been following Young House Love's tutorial to a T and they recommend, highly, Benjamin Moore paint.  
I went hightailing it down to our local Benjamin Moore store this morning with more excitement than trepidation for the first time since I began this endeavor.  
It was as I was turning into the parking lot that I learned our local paint store is NOT Benjamin Moore...it is Sherwin Williams.  
What a dork!
I came home and researched further. 
I decided I really want to follow their steps...I also learned that our closest source for Benjamin Moore Paint is a town 40 miles away.  
We will be passing through on Saturday for one of our 20 away baseball games. 
Will work perfectly!
On other fronts, our In House Art Show continues. 
 Miss Sugar Plum Fairy has each canvas titled and even encourages comments.  
The show will last through the weekend when I have claimed my table back. 
















I was also reminded just how happy a jar with bugs can make our youngest!  
I could not believe that it has been 4 years since we did this until I found the link. 
Wow! 
I had also forgotten that Sugar Plum Fairy's "blog name" was Peach Blossom back then.

  I ordered a new batch of critters and they arrived this afternoon. 
 This really is a fun thing to do with kids. InsectLore has several products you can choose from as well. A great and fun teaching tool.

A couple weeks ago, I was asked to read a book in Sugar Plum Fairy's classroom...the desks were all pushed to the side and the kidnicks had brought blankets and pillows and spent the day reading in their jammies.  
It was awesome.  
Truly.
 Last week, the girls and I went to the County Education Office where the book Sugar Plum Fairy had written was on display.  
There were students from all over the county reading portions of their books aloud as well.  I had not been in several years and was impressed.  
It was a nice and proud evening.

1 comment:

Cheltz said...

I also followed YHL's cabinet painting tutorial, and have not been super impressed with the paint. You will have to let me know what you think of it :).