Saturday, February 16, 2013

My Heart Day

Valentine's Day began with me making  heart shaped fried eggs and toast for kidnicks and discovering a card from my hubby on the kitchen window sill.  I must say that he is an awesome card buyer.  Really he is.
That was followed by Sugar Plum Fairy's recitation of "Lily's Garden" at her school.  
video
There were two students chosen from each class to recite their poem in front of the school and parents. I was pleased for her.  
This is a huge step step for her to speak in front of people and she did well.
 She then ran in her Jog-A-Thon to raise money for a field trip in the spring. 

She had fun and has cost her Daddy a bundle who sponsored her per lap.
She was laughing and playing when I left her. 
 An hour or so later, I was back at the school to pick her up.  
She was pale with a headache and tummy ache. 
After sleeping for a couple hours she was good as new.  
 I went to bed to discover a lovely card from my eldest daughter on my pillow...ended an odd day on a happy note.




3 comments:

Cheltz said...

The jogathon does seem kind of an odd thing to hold on valentines day :). But it still sounds like a nice day!

Michelle said...

Sounds like a wonderful day!

twistedfencepost said...

Sometimes the oddest days are the best memories.