Friday, January 4, 2013

Salmon Recipe

Joy at Granny Mountain commented with a suggestion to remedy my blogger issues last night.  
Well, I did find a solution for the time being.  Seems I am not the only one with issue and I had to switch my browser from Explorer to Chrome. 
I am a creature of habit and I am not fond of it thus far. It works, but everything looks different.  
Anyhooooo...I wanted to share a recipe that is a favorite of our family's and so very quick and easy. 
I buy Kirkland's Salmon fillets at Costco whenever I am there.  I like that the fillets are individually vacuumed sealed.  For our family of 5, we open 4 frozen fillets and place them into a gallon size Ziploc bag.

To that, we add 1/4 cup real maple syrup and 1/4 cup soy sauce.

Close the bag and push the fillets around until they are all in a single layer.  
Because these were frozen, we leave them on the counter for several hours until thawed and then into the fridge until ready to cook. I have placed the entire bag into the fridge overnight with great success as well.
Arrange each fillet onto a baking sheet and place into a preheated 425* oven for 10 -12 minutes. Done!
Last night, I served quinoa with Parmesan and roasted asparagus spears. (The asparagus went into the oven with a drizzle of olive oil and salt at the same time the salmon went in.

 

Yummy and good for what ails you...mostly all the icky, sugary, fatty Christmas treats if you are like us.

1 comment:

twistedfencepost said...

Yum! That looks delicious.
Looks so easy. I'll be trying this one for sure.
I have never cooked salmon simply because I didn't know how.