Thursday, January 31, 2013

Organizing, One Step at a Time

We moved into this home 11 years ago and for the past 11 years, I have had three huge tubs in my closet. 
These were filled with things from my high school diploma, cap and gown to Shaggy's baptism candle and everything in between.  


Photos were abundant and in no order.  
I finally lugged the containers out recently and began to sort through.
I pulled the negatives (these were before digital cameras) from the photo envelopes and discarded bad pics.


I gave duplicate pics to my sister and sisters in law that pertained to their kiddos. 
I purged.
I got side tracked.
I found treasures.
On the last day we were in our old house, my Mom traced and transferred onto paper the height chart that  began when Lollipop Pop was born and Shaggy was 2 1/2 years old.  
I remembered her doing it and I could picture what the completed paper looked like.  
For the past 11 years, I thought it was lost...nope...it got shoved into one of these tubs and has been in hiding.  
I am so happy to be able to transfer it onto our "new" wall now.  
It has always been incomplete here.
 
             The items in the two tubs were whittled into one and moved to the storage unit.  
                 The photos are in one spot and my next step is to organize them by year...
                               Eventually, I will scan them all and hopeful make books.


  We'll see.
One step at a time, baby!

4 comments:

Cheltz said...

If you have the film, you can get all those pictures digitized at Costco. The price is very reasonable too. My husband just did that for hundreds of our old photos :).

Country Gal said...

I've been doing the sort and organize thing too. Sure feels good to purge stuff!

Country Gal said...

I've been doing the sort and organize thing too. Sure feels good to purge stuff!

twistedfencepost said...

I have bee going through things a little at a time around here. I finally have all my pictures in one place, somewhat organized, but no where near where I want them to be. And one day I'll scan those old pics, too.
It amazes me how "stuff" just builds. ***sigh***