Saturday, January 5, 2013

I am What I Choose to Become

As some of you know, I participated in an online fitness program that began last winter.  Over the course of 20 weeks, I lost 75 pounds.  

With that weight loss, I gained a confidence in myself that I had truly never known. 
The words below are just a sampling of what we learned and now believe.  
It was put together by a friend who did very well on the same program and is hoping to qualify for the Boston Marathon.

(The 20 week course is only offered once a year and is open to a specific number of people... you can put your name on the Early Bird list now and be notified ahead of others...I am working on a post with more of my thoughts and experiences next week regarding LLU and what it really took for me to be successful)
Anyway, with the weight loss and boost in my self confidence came a realization that I could now do many of the things that I had just been too fat to do before.  
Today, I am doing one of those things.  
IF I survive, I will tell you all about it. 
Good vibes and prayers that I don't break anything will be appreciated. 
I may be relatively fit now, but I am still old.

6 comments:

Cheltz said...

CongratulatiOns! -- and good luck!

Wanda said...

I witnessed your transformation and I am still in awe!

I can't wait to hear about whatever adventure you have embarked on.

Michelle said...

You look absolutely fantastic! Best wishes in your endeavor and I can't wait to read about it!

Karen Deborah said...

how are you doing have you kept it off? great job!!

Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! What a blessing to have lost that much weight! You look wonderful.

twistedfencepost said...

I can only imagine how this has boosted your self-image.
You have definitely peaked my interest. I hope you survived cause I will miss my California friend, if not.