Sunday, January 20, 2013

Hearts, Arrows and Birthday Wishes


 My Hubby's birthday and Valentine's Day are only a couple weeks apart so I now make certain that the mushy, gushy decor gets put up before his birthday.  
Hopefully he will be reminded that he is loved and cherished in this home. 
I didn't want to use the cupcake wrapper wreaths again (these were super fun and cute, but had run their course...I did save the sparkly letters though) .
I saw this fun art at Tatertots and Jello recently and it stayed in my head.  
Because I plan on doing a daily Valentine for each of my kidnicks and my hubby in February and I didn't look forward to cutting out 56 hearts again, I purchased a handy dandy heart shaped hole punch. 
LOVE IT!
I punched 12 hearts from 3 different designed papers, free handed an arrow and cut it out of silver glitter card stock...that was the most difficult part of this project and it wasn't too bad.
Once everything was cut out, I eyeballed the placement on a piece of red card stock cut to the frame size and stuck each heart down with a glue dot.
  I then gently folded  each heart up toward the center for  some dimension. 
I love the way the arrow pops, but then I had a brain storm!  
I wondered if I could incorporate the letters that I had save from the wreaths.  
Sure enough, but I wanted the letters to stand out a bit more.  
I covered each letter with red glitter and could not be more happy with the way they turned out.                             
  I would eventually like to hang the frames under the mantle on the brick, but am not certain how to do that yet.





































I added bits of red here and there and am pleased with the result. Nothing like decorating for two special days in one fell swoop.

  
 Happy Valentine's Day...almost and Happy Birthday...almost.

 

Home Stories A2Z
Home Stories A2Z








6 comments:

Michelle said...

Very sweet. I love the decorations.

Cheltz said...

Lots of fun and very cute!

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

They turned out so cute!!!

xoxoxo

twistedfencepost said...

Cute idea!
You are full of them.
I know they all feel loved in your home!

Country Gal said...

Cuteness! I don't do much decorating for Valentine's. Most years it hits before I've caught my breath from Christmas! :) Maybe this year...

Country Gal said...

Cuteness! I don't do much decorating for Valentine's. Most years it hits before I've caught my breath from Christmas! :) Maybe this year...