Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Decked Halls

Just a peak into our holiday home. 

I am loving this chalkboard. 
I want to eventually frame the board but it is fine for now. 
It is in a weird corner of the dining room that has always looked unfinished...well since we relocated the built in hutch that was there originally.
  I have Christmas written in 10 languages that are meaningful to our family.
I was lucky enough to nab one of Sasha's garlands before she sold out and I am smitten. 
 
A huge mirror reflects loveliness.
 
And even though we have no babies in the family anymore, seeing the cradle that my grandfather made when I was born and each of my babies used,  makes me smile.
Lollipop Pop went through the house counting Nutcrackers...she got to 35 and stated that she thinks I might have a collection.
I think she might be right.
 
 
We have a small, table top, fresh tree because I have to have the scent around me, but we do have two artificial trees. 
This one is in the family room and is filled with ornaments the kids have made over the years. 
The girls decked it out in tinsel as well. 
The foil and Styrofoam star on top was made by my boyfriend almost 25 years ago...he later became my husband. 
Along with the music, I must say the decorations at Christmas just lift my spirits.
What about you?

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Gorgeous! I do love that chalkboard sign!

Cheltz said...

Wow! Your house is festive! Lots of fun things :).

Melinda said...

Love it! Since we moved into the new house 4 years ago - I'm slowly figuring out how to decorate for Christmas. It's so much bigger my few decorations looked lost! PS 35 nutcrackers is most definitely a collection! :)

Stephanie said...

Love all of the Christmas vignettes! I listen to a Christmas station I set up on pandora almost all day - you can't help but be in a good mood when you can sing along :)

Becky said...

Beautiful!
I love that "memory tree".
I have a wreath covered with things that my Captain and I made when we were kids. Everything else goes on the tree.