Thursday, November 8, 2012

Gratitude in the Midst of a Hectic Week

Sugar Plum Fairy's birthday was celebrated on several days this week.  The actual birthday fell on the day that was filled with 4-H, CCD, basketball and a couple other major happenings.  I feared she would get lost in the shuffle of trying not to lose a child. 
SO...
We had her cake, birthday dinner and gifts the day prior. She had requested a "chocolate cake with extra chocolate and chocolate chips".
She wanted it decorated with marshmallow flowers and green frosting that looked like grass.
 also made the same recipe with mini marshmallows to share with her class in the form of cupcakes.
The gifts were decked out in my Aunt Jan's bows...LOVE THESE!




 

 
 
She woke up on her birthday morning with 99 balloons surrounding her bed 

She had a good birthday and we are so grateful that this little girl entered our lives.
 
Our 4-H Club is collecting boxes for Operation Christmas Child.
This makes me happy and grateful.
 Regardless of who is leading this magnificent country, its citizens are among the most giving, caring and generous on the planet.
 
We also had a Harvest Festival at our club meeting and the kids were invited to decorate pumpkins donated from a wonderful local patch. 
 There were a few left at the end of the meeting, so I will be teaching my Cooking Project Members how to roast the flesh and seeds before making a yummy Pumpkin Cake.


While I have been running around this week like a chicken with its head cut off, I am taking the time to be grateful for so many things in my life. 
 How about you?

4 comments:

Melinda said...

Now that's a kid after my own heart - chocolate cake with extra chocolate and chocolate chips! :)

Michelle said...

I love that balloon idea!

Denice said...

love the balloons...how cool!!!

Becky said...

Love the cake...
and the bows...
and the balloons....
and can I have my next birthday at your house?