Monday, October 29, 2012

Pumpkin Carving and Drilling

Sugarplum Fairy chose her pumpkin several weeks ago and drew a beautiful butterfly on it with markers and has had it decorating the house since. 
Friday, was "carve the butterfly out" day. 
She finds the removal of pumpkin innards slightly gross.
 
I decided to take the drill to my pumpkin...kinda gross, too.....

 
We then stuffed a clear marble in the hole...we also discovered that if one pushes a marble in too far, 7 year old fingers get stuck in the hole while trying to push said marble back out...
 





I adore the effect, though...and we didn't lose any fingers in the process.
 
These guys have nothing to do with pumpkins, but they make me smile.  I have some in the olive tree and some hanging from my porch light.




I can hardly believe it is the end of October already!

6 comments:

Michelle said...

I love the marble effect! Did you put a candle in it and have the light shine through the marbles?

Jensamom23 said...

I tried a candle and the glow was very subtle. The flame doesn't have enough air to burn very long though. Will try a flame less one next.

Cheltz said...

Wow! I really like the marble pumpkin! Doesn't look too hard either ...

Jensamom23 said...

Super easy!

Sarah said...

The marble pumpkin looks amazing!! Nice job!

Becky said...

I kinda like digging the innards out of a pumpkin. Does that make me weird?
Beautiful butterfly!
I love the marble idea! I have one of those forever pumpkins. They are plastic or stirofoam or something. Anyway, I could do that and add a small electric light through the bottom. I'll let ya know how it turns out. That could be used for Fall decoration, not just for Halloween.
glad no one lost a finger. But I'll bet that was funny!