Friday, August 17, 2012

Salsa Anytime Recipe

My friend Denice turned me on to this salsa several months ago and we love it!  In the summer, there is nothing I like more than a fresh salsa made with maters and peppers from the garden, but this is one I can keep in the fridge and used in place of jarred salsa any time of the year.
(she has other awesome recipes, too!)
1- 14 oz can diced tomatoes
1- 10 oz can orginal Rotel
1/2 small onion, roughly chopped
1 clove garlic, peeled and smashed
1/2-1 jalapeno, (I used one pepper and if I want it spicy I don't seed it)
1 teaspoon honey
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
small to medium size handful of cilantro, washed  (I use one whole bunch of leaves)
juice of 1 lime
Directions:
Put all the ingredients in the base of a food processor or good blender and pulse to combine for 30 seconds or so until all the ingredients are finely chopped and salsa is desired consistency.

This perfectly fits into a quart jar...every time.
Enjoy!

2 comments:

Becky said...

I'll be trying this, too. Love me some salsa!!

Stefanie said...

I made this yesterday. I had the last of it for lunch today. This is sooo good.