Monday, August 27, 2012

Last Summer Post...I think

 The school year is well under way here and it has become quite clear that if I don't make lists, I will forget, neglect or just put things off.  I am now in the habit of making short, manageable daily lists.
Wrapping up  summer blog post was on today's list, so bear with me...I will feel better. 
Olympic viewing has certainly changed since I was a child.  I remember watching whatever the networks deemed interesting and being at their mercy.  Now, a simple click of the remote had us recording obscure events like Equestrian and synchronized swimming and watching later.  I also got an App on my phone that allowed Sugar Plum Fairy to update the USA's medal count each day on mini chalkboards...she loved it!
As far as our summer "To Do" list, we did pretty well...we went to the library each week, built sandcastles and moats, made s'mores over the stove and even had a couple date nights! I have a standing rule over the summer that there is "No TV, during the week, during the day". For the most part, that happened as well.
All in all, it was a nice summer, albeit, lightening quick!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

It was lightening quick. This week will mark our month in school. Whew, I am looking forward to the 3 day weekend.

Becky said...

Went by waaaay too fast! Football practice kept my son busy all summer. 5-6 days per week. They only had one week off all summer. This is his first year playing and he was not happy to work all summer. But now that they are playing (and winning) he is happy and sees how all of that hard work has paid off. They are undefeated so far. Yay!