I recently saw this salad on Blog About One and was sure it would be a keeper.
After shucking some fresh corn, I cut it from the cob. I always use a bundt pan to hold the cob and cut away. It is supposed to keep the corn kernels corralled...I don;t find that it does, but it keeps me from cutting my fingers off!
Black Bean, Corn, And Pepper Salad
• 2 c. black beans
• 1-1/2 c. frozen corn, thawed (I used fresh)
• 1 sweet red pepper, chopped
• 1/2 large onion, chopped (I used two green onions)
• 1 clove garlic, minced
• 1/3 c. olive oil (I used 1/4 cup)
• juice and zest of 1 lime
• 2 Tb. cider vinegar
• dash of hot sauce (or to taste) ( I forgot this)
• salt and pepper to taste
• Chopped parsley for serving (optional)
1. In a medium bowl, combine the beans, corn, peppers, onions, and garlic.
2. In a small bowl or 1-cup glass measure, combine the olive oil, lime juice, zest and vinegar. Whisk well.
3. Pour the dressing over the bean mixture and stir well, adding hot sauce, salt, and pepper to taste.
4. Sprinkle with chopped parsley before serving, if desired.
Makes 4-6 servings
This will make regular appearances, I am certain!