Saturday, July 7, 2012

Yummy Salad

I recently saw this salad on Blog About One and was sure it would be a keeper. 
It is!

After shucking some fresh corn, I cut it from the cob.  I always use a bundt pan to hold the cob and cut away.  It is supposed to keep the corn kernels corralled...I don;t find that it does, but it keeps me from cutting my fingers off!













Anyway, here's the recipe...


Black Bean, Corn, And Pepper Salad

• 2 c. black beans
• 1-1/2 c. frozen corn, thawed (I used fresh)
• 1 sweet red pepper, chopped
• 1/2 large onion, chopped (I used two green onions)
• 1 clove garlic, minced
• 1/3 c. olive oil (I used 1/4 cup)
• juice and zest of 1 lime
• 2 Tb. cider vinegar
• dash of hot sauce (or to taste) ( I forgot this)
• salt and pepper to taste
• Chopped parsley for serving (optional)

1. In a medium bowl, combine the beans, corn, peppers, onions, and garlic.
2. In a small bowl or 1-cup glass measure, combine the olive oil, lime juice, zest and vinegar. Whisk well.
3. Pour the dressing over the bean mixture and stir well, adding hot sauce, salt, and pepper to taste.
4. Sprinkle with chopped parsley before serving, if desired.
Makes 4-6 servings


This will make regular appearances, I am certain!



feed my family friday

6 comments:

Denice said...

what a smart idea about the bundt pan...duh...why didn't i think of that?

Lora said...

Mmmm, that looks amazing! I've recently begun actually enjoying the taste of corn so I'll put this in my "to try" folder!

Ellie said...

That looks delicious! Perfect for summer too. Thanks for your kind comment on my blog!

~Ellie @ beauty4ashes-ellie.blogspot.com

Anke said...

That salad looks delicious! I know what I'm making this weekend. :-)

Farmgirl Paints said...

I think I've had this before. It was used as a salsa type thing. SO GOOD! Thanks for sharing:)

Barbara said...

I have never used fresh corn other then on the cob this looks too good to pass up.
Have a great day!