Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Before and After

I have vacillated back and forth as to whether I would share some photos with you. You have been more than kind in your comments when I shared my struggles regarding weight first here and then here .
Boot Camp has wrapped up officially and the winners will be announced tomorrow.
Whether my name is mentioned in the top or not, I have already won my prize. I have learned that I am in control of my life and that includes my weight. I still find it amazing that my weight affected so many areas of my life. It was all encompassing and debilitating. Not just the physical aspects, but the mental aspect. 
That was exhausting.
I don’t lie in bed worrying about what I am going to wear anymore. I actually bought two new dresses on E-Bay last week in a size MEDIUM...they fit and I am in love!
When I started this, there were at least 2  Xs on the size label.
My work is not done and won't be for years to come, if ever. I will always be conscious of food, how my body responds to certain foods and revisit my "Why". 
There is so much more to being fit and healthy than simply food and exersise.
There is so much that goes on in my head and having the support system I found in LLU is truly a huge part of my success.
I have talked about Jayme before and I truly credit her for putting me on this path and along with Coach Dave, giving me the roadmap, but there are so many other friends I have made.
Last year, I would have thought you were a bit loopy in the head if you had told me I would feel so close to people I met online.
Seriously...I am old school and this new-fangled technology boggles my mind sometimes.
But, receiving texts and E-Mails from people who were in the same boat as me, with the same feelings and stuggles was a lifeline to me. These were always encouraging and their transformations are truly amazing!
I  knew of Janie Fox before this began, but I have found a lifelong friend in her after.
She is posting today as well and you MUST go check it out...if she posts the picture I am thinking of, you will see just how beautiful a lady she is on the outside as well as the inside.
Her arms are what I am striving for!
Now, back to why I decided to post my before pictures.
Last year, I felt desperate and unhappy.
My weight was the reason.
If I can inspire just one person and let them know obesity does not have to be a part of their life anymore, it will be worth my embarrassment with these pics.
So, here it goes....

The span of time between the first and third photo is 20 weeks with the middle one being taken 10 weeks in.
My blood pressure with the first picture was 143/80.
My blood pressure in the last one is 110/62.

LLU saved my life.







7 comments:

Ann said...

What an inspiration you and this journey of yours have been! How kind you have been to share it.

Janie Fox said...

Wowza you are hot hot hot! I love both dresses. How fun is it to shop now?!!

Lise said...

Congratulations to you! You look absolutely radiant, and that comes from the inside! I enjoy your blog and your journey, you are an inspiration:)

Karen Deborah said...

Well you and Janie have inspired me.
I think I look worse than your picture. Just seeing people in my age group is so encouraging. I would like to know more about what your talking about with being in boot camp. I signed up today!!
thanks!

Denice said...

NOW I AM CRYING...GOSH DARN...I JUST CAN'T SAY HOW PROUD I AM !

mari said...

I'm so proud of you. Well done!!

Becky said...

You look great!!!