Wednesday, July 25, 2012

A Book Recommendation

I finished a book yesterday...in one day.



www.amazon.com

I have not been able to stop thinking about this book.
  I don't know if it hit me because I am a mother of teenagers or just on a human level.  It is not a light hearted, easy read. 
It is also not all doom and gloom. 
It is powerful and insightful.
This debut novel by Jay Asher is also unique in its perspective. 
Hannah Baker is a teen who committed suicide.
She leaves behind a set of audio tapes with words for certain people in her life. 
I don't want to give anything away, but it should remind us that every action or inaction we take toward another person has an impact in some way. 
I would not recommend this to younger children without you, as a parent, reading it first, but I truly think it is an important book.
Let me know what you think.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Thanks for the suggestion! I will have to check it out!

Farmgirl Paints said...

Hmmmm...that sounds heavy. Not sure if I can do heavy. Love how you read and share with us:)

Denice said...

Maybe as my children grow older it might be something to look into....

Becky said...

Sounds like a very interesting book. I'll have to read that and then give it to my daughter to read since she has a toddler and a preteen.