Monday, June 25, 2012

New and Improved Wrapping Paper Holder Thingy


Nearly 2 years ago, I organized our front entry closet and loved the wrapping paper station I made. 

Well, it looked like that for approximately 3 hours and 12 minutes. Just didn't work the way I had envisioned.  Mainly because I am an "open and toss" gal.
I open the door and toss in whatever I have in my hand.
I had an "Aha" moment recently and now have a new plan for the entry closet in the future.  A plan that does not include wrapping paper.
But what to do with the wrapping stuff? 
Well, I have a small dresser in my room that works nicely for the bags, tissue paper and ribbon, but wasn't wide enough to house the rolls of paper.  I also had a piece of crown moulding that had been propped up in the corner of our bedroom for years (yes, years) waiting to be hung.  I grabbed that moulding, cut it in half and attached the pieces to the wall with "L" brackets behind the door in my laundry room.  I bought springed, tension rods and hung the wrapping paper!



I placed a rubber band around each roll and it is staying neat and tidy.  The whole contraption fits snugly behind the door and is easy to access. I can also see that I may never need to purchase Christmas paper again.

I adore this!

I am linking up with Beth...
Home Stories A2Z


...and Jen





6 comments:

Joy Tilton said...

What a great idea... I'm pinning this on Pinterest! I use a tall mesh holder for my wrapping paper, I ordered a set of them from QVC a long time ago. They spring open, you know the kind and it works ok... just not nearly as organized as your idea! Wonder if I could bribe my husband to do this for me?!!!

Janie Fox said...

Great idea! I need something for my rolls. I have the rest under control but they are in a tall tub and they are not easy to roll out.

Michelle said...

My rolls are in a tub and what a mess they are. This is a great idea.

BluBabesCreate said...

Love this! You are amazing!

Melinda said...

LOVE this idea! I see it in my attic now...

Becky said...

Great idea!
Now I need to find a spot behind a door.....