Wednesday, June 13, 2012

My Summer Reading List




With summer come lazy days with nothing to do but lounge by the pool, sipping a cool drink and reading a book...yeah, right! 
I do read more in the summer, albeit usually in bed before I go to sleep, not by the pool.  I spent some time over the weekend perusing my sister's Good Reads suggestions as well as The Great Read and compiled my own summer reading list. 
 I have requested the following books from our library and only 4 are available for pick up now. 
I am in line waiting for the others to become available....hopefully not all at the same time like last year

The Atonement Child by Francine Rivers
Crooked Letter, Crooked Letter by Tom Franklin
The Language of Flowers by Vansessa Diffenbaugh
The Lover's Dictionary by David Levithan
A Million Miles in a Thousand Years by Donald Miller
A Child Called "It" by David Pelzer
Running Away to Home by Jennifer Wilson
Scarlet Feather by Maeve Binchy
Snowflower and the Sacred Fan by Lisa See
Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson

Have you read any of these or have any other suggestions?
I'd love to hear!

1 comment:

Michele said...

You are making my "to read" list longer with your list up there. I heart Good Reads as well.

I have six books waiting for me at the library today, so so exciting!!

Thank you for the sweet mention.

xoxo michele