Monday, May 7, 2012

What I learned last week

I survived Screen Free Week  
 and learned that the only time I missed television was in the mornings. After I feed kids and clean up the kitchen, I retreat to my bedroom/bathroom to make myself semi presentable. I can't see my television from the bathroom, but I listen to Good Morning America.  When the local news comes on, I know it is time to gather kids and head to school.  I did not like not having that reference and found myself rushing on more than one occasion. I also learned that I can not read a telephone book anymore due to the minuscule printing.  I had to fire up the computer to look things up.  Instead of getting up at 5:00am to update this blog and peruse others, I got up at 5:00am and went through a pile of magazines and cut ideas from them and then tossed the rest.  I found that I missed my blogging friends.  I did check my E-Mail each morning as well since I have the fair coming in a week and needed to be in contact with my project members.  All in all, it was fine and I did it for the most part, but am glad to be back.
I also must tell you all that the comments you made regarding my journey post made me so happy I shared it with you!  Your kind words and encouragement touched me to the core. 
Truly.
Thank you.



5 comments:

Michelle said...

Glad you survived! Funny how we get used to technology being an integral part of our lives.

Melinda said...

Good for you! It's amazing how addicting these can be!

Denice said...

After reading your post I thought it sounded like a fun idea...I don't ever watch tv though and only check email and my store but it gave me an idea to find something necessary and see if I can ditch it for a week..parenting maybe???? just kidding!!!!!

Denice said...

btw...glad you survived...

Becky said...

Glad you survived!
I haven't been around blog land much lately but I have been far from screen free. I stare at a screen at work all day.
I sure miss blog land!