Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Summer Vacation Begins

School is out for the summer for Shaggy and Lollipop Pop.  Sugar Plum Fairy is technically still in all week.  I, however, am taking her out the last few days.  Her report card is done and her award assembly is today.  She will miss nothing important.  After the assembly, the 4 of us are heading to the coast.  Hubby will be coming over as I bring Shaggy home in a few days and then trading again. 
Confused? 
 Me too. 
Suffice it to say that tomorrow, our vacation officially begins.
I am looking forward to this summer more than the ones in the past. 
I am going to walk to the Caves with my kids. 
I am going to play miniature golf with my kids.
I am going for walks with my kids.
For the first time in years, I am not self conscience about how I look. 

My Before 2-2012
November 2011

I am not exhausted and sore when I have walked a short distance.
My vacation is not going to revolve around food and laying around, although laying around on the beach will be happening I am sure.
I am still in awe of what I have accomplished thus far and filled with gratitude that I joined LLU Boot Camp.



April 2012

I have received two of the most awesome compliments in the past week. One was from a dear friend and former co-worker.  I walked into her office and since she had a client at her desk, I went past her to sit and wait.  She had no idea who I was!
The second compliment was today from a fellow Boot Camper who posted the below on Facebook after I posted my latest photo.

AMBER ALERT!!

Today after logging into the Bootcamp Forum at LLU, BC 15 member Melissa  reported her teammate Mrs L (Me) as missing. She was quoted as saying "I don't know what happened to her! A few days ago she reported missing over 60 lbs. and today, she's gone! All of her! She's been replaced by some hot blonde babe!"

May 2012
Now, there is a substantial financial award at the end of Boot Camp and I would be lying if I said winning doesn't matter to me. 
It matters a bit. 
Truly, the life altering transformation in myself mentally and physically is the real prize and I am forever grateful.
So, for now I say "Beach...here we come!"

15 comments:

Melinda said...

I'm so happy for you! Enjoy every minute of this vacation!

Ann said...

You are still the same kind,loving and wonderful person you have always been, but it is such a joy to see you so happy with all you have accomplished. You are a true inspiration!

mari said...

I'm so happy for you! So good to hear how well you feel. Have a great time at the coast!

Rebcam said...

You have always been a role model to me, and even more so now. Love you!

Tracy said...

I have only just started reading your blog, you have made quite a transformation! Have a wonderful summer with your family!

Sarah said...

What a hottie you are!!!

So glad that your summer vacation is starting and that you are going to enjoy it!

Michelle said...

Enjoy! You look great!

Jensamom23 said...

Love you too. Thank you, Bec!

Jensamom23 said...

Thanks, Mari!

Jensamom23 said...

Thanks, Sarah

Jensamom23 said...

Will do, Michelle and thank you!

Jensamom23 said...

Thank you for stopping by, Tracy.

Jensamom23 said...

Thanks, Mom. That means a lot!

Jensamom23 said...

Thank you, Melinda! I am excited.

Becky said...

Look at you!!! I know that how you look is not as important as how you feel, physically and emotionally. But you look great!Congratualations!
Hope you have a wonderful time at the coast!!!