Saturday, February 4, 2012

Good Luck Freitas Team

Shaggy and my Hubby are in the desert getting reading for the first race of the season. They both are members of the Freitas Racing Team working in the pits.
While I always worry until everyone is home safe and sound, I know that the passion these men feel is real. I know that having  reliable, knowledgeable and hardworking pit crews helps Garrick succeed.
This race will be run with sadness on their hearts though.  You may have heard that Micron's CEO Steve Appleton was killed in a small plane crash yesterday.  Mr. Appleton was a desert racer as well and had taken a liking to Garrick, Danny and and the entire race team.  Garrick and Steve were competitors and had become friends. 
So, while I wish the Freitas Team good luck in the race, I pray for the Appleton family as well as all those who will be touch by this loss.

3 comments:

Twisted Fencepost said...

That looks like so much fun! I have a wild side that would love driving a race car.
Good luck to the team!
And prayers said for the family's loss.

Michelle said...

Wow! That looks like fun!

Denice said...

I would never have the guts to drive in one of these but it sure looks fun to watch!