Monday, January 30, 2012

My Currently

Recently, I came across a couple blogs (Lemonade Makin' Mama and Little For A Little While)that shared things currently in their worlds. I enjoyed their posts and am a shameless copier, so here goes.
Currently, I am...

Loving that Sugar Plum Fairy has discovered that she too loves to read chapter books...and CAN!
Reading Mitch Albom's For One More Day...I just started it and think it might be a tear jerker.
Excited About Hubby and Lollipop Pop getting to spend a few days together on a magical island...can you say "Aloha"?
Missing the days when Shaggy thought I hung the moon.
Trying to be a more patient mom of teens...this I am struggling with.
Working at becoming fit...walking when the sun rises is truly magical.
Enjoying watching my daughter play high school basketball....I had no idea it was so exciting!
Using my I-Phone like there is no tomorrow...this coming from a person who fought tooth and nail about getting one in the first place.
Wearing Jeans and a sweater....and cute heels that hurt like the dickens.
Singing  "The United States, the United States, I love my Country, the United States...there's Alabama,Alaska......"(I spent the morning in Sugar Plum Fairy's class and they sing this song naming each state in alphabetical order every morning...every Monday, I have it stuck in my head)
Snacking on frozen blueberries that we picked in the spring and a dash of milk...turns slushy and yummy!
Needing some gumption....it has been in short supply recently.
Planning on painting and decorating the girls's "playhouse"...problem is, no gumption!
Learning to make soap...first attempt coming soon.
Listening  to birds chirping. I have the windows open and there are no other sounds...except me typing. (Perfection...no other sounds, not my typing)
Praying for guidance and patience in raising our children to become happy, responsible, kind and productive adults...
Dreaming of summer vacation without the heat....a girl can dream, right?

What's happing currently with you?

Hubby took this with his phone in the desert several weeks ago.


5 comments:

Rebcam said...

Aloha? What's the story with that? When? That's so exciting. Do they have room in the luggage for me? I promise to behave.

Michelle a.k.a. Farmchick said...

Aloha?!!! How exciting! Work, sports, church,....wash, rinse, repeat....

Janie Fox said...

love the picture. wow. walking in the early a.m. sounds divine. too cold here though.

Twisted Fencepost said...

Beautiful picture!!!
Not much going on here.**sigh**

momto8 said...

wow..the colors of that sky are beautiful!! he just had to take the picture!!
I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.