Sunday, December 4, 2011

Magic


I have been trying in vain to upload photos for this post few days...our Internet service has been sporadic at best and I am beyond irritated and frustrated...but this IS the Christmas season and I will not complain...much. I was determined to get all of our Christmas decor up by the 1st of December and I did pretty well... I was done on the 2nd. I am certain that if I were not so sentimental, the decorating would go much more quickly, but every box I open is a memory.

The ornament my best friend made us for our first Christmas as a married couple...


My favorite Santa and Nutcrackers...



The snowman coffee can that Lollipop Pop made in the first grade and is beginning to show little rust spots...she is in high school now...how did that happen?



The manger scene figurine that my former boss gave me before I was married...



Her daughter is the one who made the "before we were married" ornament...such fun those days were...it is because of my boss that I met my husband.

My flamingo who has an outfit change each season and a simple bowl of ornaments are among the things that make me smile.


The stockings are hung and the mantel is complete with a figure that my brother in law presented me with.



The snowflakes are falling...


...the magic has begun.



6 comments:

The Whatever Girlz said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Everything looks so magical! We are the same way when unpacking boxes. It's fun to open up those memories each year.

I just showed Luke your nutcrackers, he loved them. We are big nutcracker fans here.

Thanks for the Christmas tour :)

klutzymama said...

Your tree is so pretty and your house looks lovely!

Farmchick said...

Love the flamingo!

Tipper said...

Love all the decorations-and the tree is so pretty!

Denice said...

Fabulous and very merry. Thank you for sharing all of your lovely items. You always have a beautiful home but it truly radiates this time of year. Hugs!!!

Twisted Fencepost said...

Beautiful!
Magical!
Christmas has definitely begun at your house.