Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thankful

Thanksgiving with my family was held in our home and I am so thankful that we were all together. I made the turkey (which received compliments from some pretty good cooks) and stuffing while Mom and my sister brought sides and desserts. I am thankful to have a sister who makes the best mashed potatoes on the planet and a mom who makes desserts that not only taste yummy but were chosen with love. She made a Pecan Pie that was my Grandma's Jean's recipe and a Pumpkin Chiffon Pie that was my Grandma B's. While they are no longer with us in body, they were with us in spirit.

I am thankful for a discreet husband who, when carving the turkey, discovered the paper bag of innards still in the beast...and said nothing to anyone!
I am thankful for solutions when my local store no longer carries the 18 inch taper candles I need for my hurricanes. A simple piece of oasis cut into a rectangle worked just as I had imagined.

I am thankful for bloggers who are so very talented and kind. Kim at Sand and Sisal offered a tutorial that was the basis of my centerpiece. I have a table that is quite long, so I used two baskets, end to end and ended up with something pretty and organic. Oh, and the place card idea came from Jen at Tatertots and Jello. Such inspiration in blogland!


I am thankful for skies that are so brilliantly bright and little girls who love animals more than anything.


I am thankful for a son who gets up before the sun on his own to help me bring 3 truckloads of Christmas decor from our storage to the garage...without a single complaint...and yes, I did say 3 truckloads.

I am thankful that Hubby and our son get to spend the day together doing something that they love.

I am thankful for beautiful leaves and beautiful daughters.

Most of all, I am thankful for these people!

10 comments:

Amy Sullivan said...

I'm thankful for encouraging blogs like yours. Happy Thanksgiving, friend.

Farmchick said...

A wonderful family photo!

The Whatever Girlz said...

How wonderful! Sounds like you had a terrific time, Jen. I absolutely LOVE how you rigged your candles up with the florist foam thing, how clever.

tipper said...

I'm so glad your Thanksgiving was a good one : ) You have much to be thankful for!

klutzymama said...

You have a lovely family. Sounds like it was a great Thanksgiving.

Michelle said...

Love this post! Thanks for clicking over to my blog and leaving a comment...your husband also deserves extra points for hiding those turkey innards! Merry Christmas!

Denice said...

You do have alot to be thankful for...sounds like true blessings...I too have alot to be thankful for...for having a GREAT FRIEND like you!!!!

Twisted Fencepost said...

Beautiful family!
Beautiful decorations!
And I am thankful for a beautiful you!

Shell in your Pocket said...

Pretty center piece!
sandy toe

Mari said...

I'm also thankful for these people, and for this blog that brings them all so much closer to me. Love you all!