Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Is it Naptime yet?



The last two weeks around the NutHouse have been, well...nuts! We harvested the orchard yesterday. Actually, I use that term LOOSELY...we hire a crew to harvest and we watch...and I take pictures. I am working on a post sharing that. The weather has been in the 80's but they are promising cold and rain this weekend. The flowers are loving the weather and the leaves are just beginning to turn. I am so very ready for fall temeratures to come and stay with us longer than a day or two. We survived the football games, a big band competition as well as Halloween. Lollipop Pop was grateful that she chose NOT to wear her Wilma Flinstone costume to school on Monday. Seems her band director was dressed as Fred and she would have been MORTIFIED! (Snicker, snicker) We carved pumpkins (I copied Lemonade Makin' Mama's idea. My Sharpie didn't work, so I used paint) and had some friends over for a brunch...that is a whole post in itself...they are moving and I may just sneak in a box and go with them. Lollipop Pop's twice weekly, night band rehearsals ended...only once a week now, but she started basketball 5 days a week yesterday and we have an additional teenager staying with us for the time being. He is an awesome young man and loves my cooking...can't ask for much more than that. Take a gander at the madness.


3 comments:

Farmchick said...

Sounds like we are sharing the same kind of madness! Glad you are surviving.

klutzymama said...

Their costumes are adorable and your pumpkins are great! I could use a nap too...but now we're heading into the holiday season so...I guess we'll sleep when we're dead! haha!

Twisted Fencepost said...

The costumes are adorable and so are the pumpkins.
Our autumn is much further along than yours. I am loving these cooler days, but I am dreading winter coming.