Monday, November 7, 2011

Seven?

I have NO idea how this has happened so quickly...





Sugar Plum Fairy celebrated her 7th birthday over the weekend. Hubby and I had to be out of town for most of the weekend, but made it home in time to spend most of the day with her.Being gone near one of our kidnick's birthdays has never happened before and I was a bit flustered in the beginning. I made a list and went to work. Last week, I baked her cake and attempted to decorate it. Blondie got a fondant bodice and a goofy looking collar before she went into the fridge for a chill. The rest of her dress was made and stashed under a soup kettle in the fridge until the big day...yes, I take suprising my kids VERY seriously.





I also baked and froze the cupcakes we would take to school. I decorated them yesterday morning and they were a hit with the kids.




(May I also mention that this invention is one of the greatest? I remember buying it at the grocery store several years ago, AFTER I had taken cupcakes to Shaggy and Lollipop Pop's classes in flimsy boxes and cookie sheets that were never quite large enough for the number of kids in the class...this is genius!)

Since it was a school night and dinner had run longer than anticipated, we had her take a shower before opening her gifts and a cutting her cake. The wet hair photos will forever be a nice reminder of a hectic, but super fun day with our young lady!




(I loved the cake, but candle placement is challenging as to not melt arms or hair)

3 comments:

Farmchick said...

Happy Birthday to your dear girl. I love her doll cake. My mom made me one when I was young.

klutzymama said...

Happy, Happy Birthday!! The cake is adorable, but then that's not surprising. You are very talented. I can sympathize, Hannah turns 7 on Friday. Hard to believe. I get off easy though. She just wants brownies. :)
Oh and both my girls have those same owl jammies.

Twisted Fencepost said...

How cute!
Happy belated birthday to Sugar Plum Fairy!!