Thursday, November 3, 2011

Chocolate Pies

The Band Parent Group that takes care of Lollipop Pop and her friends has served dessert to the band members after every home football game since the beginning of the band. This is the first year I have been involved with the band since I marched in it many moons ago and chose this committee in which to help with. I make something and get to be around the kids, which is the best part. Each week, a different dessert is served and this week pie in on the menu. I will miss the game, but still wanted to send my dessert. Serving pie to kids in a hurry seems to be a messy job, so I changed mine up a bit. I bought individual graham cracker crusts and filled each one with a yummy and easy chocolate filling. They are delicious, pretty and something different. I hope the kids think they are a hit.


Chocolate Pie Filling

Gently melt 8 ounces milk chocolate together with 1 1/2 cups marshmallows and 1/2 cup milk. Cool. Fold into 2 cups unsweetened whipped cream. Fill pie shells and chill.

3 comments:

Twisted Fencepost said...

Oh, my goodness! Those look delicious!!!

klutzymama said...

YUM. I love chocolate pie!

tipper said...

Wish I was there to eat a piece : )