Wednesday, October 12, 2011

One Down...


...one to go. The first 4-H Meeting this week went well, but holy moly, do 6-8 year old boys have a lot of energy! I purchased plain wooden frames that my Teen Leaders primed white. I also found wooden shapes that represent some of the projects our club offers...sheep, poultry, horse, rabbits, etc. These were primed prior to the meeting as well. I then set up tables in my garage and covered them in butcher paper (I bought a roll when Shaggy was about 6 for crafts and am just now coming to the end of the roll. That was a great purchase a decade ago! Anyway, as the kids arrived, I talked about the different projects they can choose from when they are older and let them pick any 3 cutouts. They painted their frame any color they desired as well as the decorations. I also had letters that they could used to customize their frame. All but 3 kids were able to come, so I took pictures of them and will place on in their frame for the fairs in the Spring. They really turned out well and cleanup was a cinch! Today, my cooking project will travel to France and Hungary to make Crepes and Palascintas! Curious? Will fill you in tomorrow!

3 comments:

Denice said...

awww...these are so sweet and cute!! What a great idea!

klutzymama said...

What a great kid's craft! I think I'd like to be in your 4H group! :)

Twisted Fencepost said...

I'm agree with Klutzymama, I'd like to join your 4H group, too!