Wednesday, September 14, 2011

I am Such a Sap!

I am quite certain that normal people do not tear up in the produce aisle at the grocery store when they see and smell Bartlett Pears for the first time each fall. They remind me of my childhood in a teeny, tiny Northern California town. Pears and walnuts were, and still are, grown there. They remind be of Doober. They remind me of growing up as a Forest Ranger's daughter. When our walnuts are harvested in another month and a half, I am prepared to stroll down memory lane once again.

Meanwhile the Produce Man has something to talk about today.

5 comments:

Farmchick said...

Isn't it wonderful how those sights and smells can transport us right back into childhood.

Twisted Fencepost said...

Pears, Lollipops and Doobers is enough to make anyone tear up. LOL
I love how different things bring up memories, especially the ones that are stuck in the cobwebs.

Ann said...

Your dad says....

JB
I'm glad that you are my daughter.
Pepe

klutzymama said...

Okay, so the comment from your dad just made me tear up. :)

Denice said...

Amazing how just a whiff of something so small can bring back the floodgates of memories...the pears look delish!!!