Friday, August 19, 2011

Necessity...

...is the mother of invention. Hubby's favorite dessert is Lemon Meringue Pie and I make it for his birthday, Father's Day or before he leaves on a trip. The other day, I made a pie crust dough and stuck it in the fridge to chill before rolling it out and baking. I then started making the lemon filling, attempting to get is all done prior to pickings kidnicks up from school. As the filling was cooking and thickening, I mentally thought of what else I needed to do before the pie was done. Hmmm...might have been nice if I had baked the crust BEFORE the filling was ready to be poured into it. Crud. I was rapidly running out of time. Then it hit me! What would happen if I poured the lemon filling the a small canning jar and then piping each individual jar with the meringue. I had nothing to lose and it would be better than nothing. I then rolled out a chunk of pie crust, cut it in strips with a pizza cutter and baked them.

Voila!

Deconstructed Lemon Meringue Pie!




I am linking this up here today!

6 comments:

Jocelyn said...

This is such a cute take on lemon meringue pie...I love the pie strips on top:-)

Denice said...

you HAVE to post this somewhere else..like get a hold of Country Living or send it to Taste Of Home...This is so cool!!!

klutzymama said...

Brilliant! I agree with Denice, get the word out on this!

Melinda said...

My hubby's favorite dessert is lemon meringue pie too! He would LOVE this! What a cute idea!

Twisted Fencepost said...

Great idea! And cute, too!

Tipper said...

very cool idea!