Monday, August 22, 2011

Krispy Kritters

I have had this recipe since I was going to travel school in Los Angeles more than 2 decades ago...good grief I feel old today. Anyhoo...this is written on a scrap piece of paper and came from one of my roommates who was from Michigan. They are a hit everywhere I take them and never last very long. Enjoy!


KRISPY KRITTERS

1 cup sugar

1 cup white corn syrup

18 ounces creamy peanut butter

6 cups Rice Krispies

3/4 of a 12 ounce bag of chocolate chips. I never measure...just eyeball it.


Bring sugar and syrup to a boil - barely. Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter. Stir until smooth and pour over cereal. Mix until combined and spread into a greased (I use Pam) 9 X 13 pan. Immediately sprinkle chocolate chips over top. No need to be precise. In about 5 minutes, the chips will be melted and can be spread to cover all. Cut while warm.


I usually stick the pan in the fridge to quicken the setting up time. Not much better tasting than chocolate, peanut butter and a tall cold glass of milk after a long hard day at school..

7 comments:

Farmchick said...

I have a friend who makes these and they are awesome.

klutzymama said...

Looks awesome!

Denice said...

yummmmmm

alicia said...

I make a very similar bar- but melt the chocolate chips with more peanut butter. YUM! These will always be one of my guiltiest pleasures! :)

DENICE said...

are these fattening????? :)

Twisted Fencepost said...

Those look delicious!
I have saved the recipe and will definitely be trying this. I may even have everything on hand now. Hmmmm.....

The Whatever Girlz said...

Oh my gosh..these look amazing! Of course everything with chocolate & peanut butter looks amazing to me!