Thursday, August 4, 2011

Camping...finally!


The first thing that Sugar Plum Fairy said when asked what she wanted to do over the summer was, and I quote, "We have to go camping twice because we didn't go last year." Hmmm...she was correct and I had not realized how much she enjoys it. We were not able to go twice, but we did go once and it was a great time. We have friends who are the caretakers of a privately owned lake and forested area that butts up against National Forest property. There are summer camps around the lake that rent cabins and we were told to come on up and they would put us in the meadow. Sounded intriguing and meadows next to a lake, out of the heat are few and far between, so away we went.

The setting was ideal and we were even able to visit with our friends over dinner one night. I also did NOT burn the biscuits like I did the last time I attempted baking them over a campfire...that is one of those memories that my kids like to bring up whenever they can. Fishing was attempted with no success...

There were plenty of hams...


The setting for quiet, family time together could not have been more perfect.





There were walks taken and flowers brought back to fancify the table...


There was a girl walking past carrying a tree...don't see THAT very often.



After the sun went dowd, we had S'Mores and a rousing game of Apples to Apples...that is one of the all time best games for family fun!



We visited the Giant Sequoias (yes, you are right, Becky) and I will post about that soon...want to make sure I have my facts correct...being a forester's daughter, I would NEVER live it down if I was wrong. Love you, Dad.
When it was time to leave, everyone jumped in and did their fair share...getting the remaining air out of an air mattress is taxing and takes teamwork!


I loved this place!

4 comments:

Stefanie said...

It looks so pretty and green. We haven't been able to go camping or hardly outside. The heat here is terrible. Wonderful family time spent together.

Sandy Addison said...

Looks like a gorgeous spot to go camping. We are a camping family andtry to go a number of times a year but unfortunately life and schedules stop that. I find we all just really relax and chill out when we camp as well

klutzymama said...

Looks beautiful there. I love camping and we rarely go. The summer always gets away from us.

Twisted Fencepost said...

What a beautiful place!
We love camping, but nowadays we use a tagalong camper. My days of tent camping are over. LOL
I like to go inside and lock the door.