Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Shaggy and Food

My 16 year old, 6'2" son eats most everything...all the time. When we scheduled him to have all 4 wisdom teeth extracted last Friday, my first thought was "What am I going to feed him!" Well, as it turned out, I done good!

We had the normal things like applesauce and pudding ready to go for Friday. Saturday, I made Lemonade Makin' Mama's Baked Potato Soup. I have made this soup before and knew it would be hearty enough for a teenager who had not eaten much for more that 24 hours. I ended up pureeing the soup and serving the bacon on the side and it was a major hit! Hubby muttered "This is on the menu". (He has always wanted to own a restaurant and this soup would be on the menu) It truly is THAT good! It freezes very well, too. Yesterday, I made a quiche. Shaggy gobbled it up and said I need to make them more often. Yeah!

3 comments:

Farmchick said...

Glad to hear that he is recovering and eating well. Having those teeth taken out is not fun!

Leontien said...

haha good to hear your soup was such a succes! I am blessed with no wisdom teeth (doesn't run in the family in the females or something) BUT if i did, i would come over to your hubbies (soon to be ;-)) restaurant! hehe

Thanks
Leontien
www.fourleafcloverdairy.blogspot.com

Twisted Fencepost said...

Yay! Sounds delicious. I love potato soup, but my teenage boy only like potatoes in the fried form. ***sigh***