Thursday, July 28, 2011

A Senitmental Princess No Longer

From the time Sugar Plum Fairy could speak, she wanted to be a Princess when she grew up. Not a silly princess that plays dress up, but an honest to goodness princess who lives in a castle and treats her royal subjects well...no prince necessary.

For the past several months, she had done away with that notion. Now Sugar Plum Fairy wants to be a Veterinarian and have a clinic with her cousins. Animals definitely adore her and she loves them with her whole heart. When we were getting ready to go camping, I found her under the trampoline, in tears, holding Annie. It broke her heart to leave the pup for a few days.


When we arrived in the mountains, our friends have several wonderful dogs who she naturally gravitated toward anytime we saw them.





One of the dogs is a 17 year old Border Collie named Jake...her stuffed animal's name is Jake...named after our beloved Border Jake.

I think being a Sentimental Vet fits her to a tee.

1 comment:

Twisted Fencepost said...

I agree!
When I was her age I wanted to be a vet, too. But as I got older I realized I was TOO sentimental to be seeing suffering animals. So that notion went out the door.
Hmmm, maybe I could be a princess. LOL