Monday, July 18, 2011

Holy Moly!

I was minding my own business this morning, enjoying a lazy summer day reading some of my favorite blogs when I was knocked upside the head by 50's Housewife. She mentioned that her kidnicks begin school in a mere 6 weeks. I thought, wow...summer is sure winding down quickly this year.


I got my handy dandy calendar out and literally felt faint!



OUR kidnicks begin school in 4 WEEKS!!!!



Seriously.



What happened to the good old days when school began the week after Labor day?


50's Housewife gave a great list of things that she is doing to get ready for the new school year. A few of the items have been accomplished in our home and I am begrudgingly beginning the others.










4 comments:

Twisted Fencepost said...

Gee whiz...4 WEEKS?!?
Our school hasn't even posted on the website when school starts. Or they make it impossible to find.*sigh*

Farmchick said...

I teach primary school and teachers go back for workshops next week. Students go back on August 4th. I was in my classroom this afternoon getting things ready! Too early!!

alicia said...

I had the same moment today- we ran into our principal at Wal-Mart and he says "Well, in a month we'll be back at school already" The look on my kids' face was not pure joy at that moment :)

klutzymama said...

I hear ya. We had to go about a week longer this year, into the first full week of June, because of snow makeup days and we go back on August 12th. Doesn't seem like we've had a summer at all. Remember when 'back-to-school' time was closer to fall? I hate it that our kids are being robbed of their summers!