Wednesday, April 6, 2011

I Admit It








I love confirming the fact that I am weird to my children. Washing 75 band uniform bags and then hanging them to dry around the eves of the house is one way I do it.


April Fool's Day is another perfect opportunity. This year was tricky because we were all going in different directions. I made individual Sponge Cakes...




Lollipop Pop decided that when the fork wouldn't cut through, she would investigate...





Sugar Plum Fairy decided the best way to beat a "tough" cake was to take a bite.



The other thing I did was place 4 ping pong balls in a paper bowl. I attached thread to the bowl and placed on top of the fridge...the other end of the thread was tied to the INSIDE of the fridge door. Open the door and down came the bowl. Problem with this was that I forgot several times and scared myself!


I think Shaggy actually gave me a couple points for a good trick.


Being weird is what I am!

7 comments:

klutzymama said...

Love it!

Farmchick said...

LOL! I am going to have to try the sponge cakes.

Farmgirl Paints said...

that is so onry! seriously shame on you...ha!

Windy Meadows Farm said...

It's all about making memories and hearing the kids laugh...terrific ideas!

Tipper said...

Hilarious-and they will forever remember their terrific Mom : )

Jayme, The Coop Keeper said...

Oh man! I so missed out!! I never do anything for April Fools Day...and now I feel like a fool! I need to remember this for next year!

Twisted Fencepost said...

I'm gonna have to remember that ping pong thing. tee hee
Love it!!!