Friday, April 1, 2011

Granola Recipe


I held my final Cooking Meeting for 4-H this week and the kids made granola and Strawberries Wild Smoothies (Jamba Juice). This is always a favorite each year. Our Jamba Juice always lets me have enough cups for the kids...it adds a bit of extra fun.
don't know where the recipe for the granola came from, but it is one that I always make.
Enjoy!
Mix together in a large bowl: 4 cups rolled oats 1/4 cup wheat germ 1/4 cup oat bran 1/2 cup sunflower seeds 1/2 cup chopped walnuts 1/2 cup chopped pecans 1/2 cup chopped almonds (I always used slivered) Mix together in a saucepan, bring to a boil, stirring constantly: 3/4 tsp. salt 1/4 cup brown sugar 1/8 cup maple syrup 1/3 cup honey 1/2 cup vegetable oil (I use canola oil) 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon 1 1/2 tsp vanilla Pour saucepan contents over dry ingredients and mix thoroughly. Spread on a foil or parchment paper rimmed cookie sheet and bake in preheated, 325* , oven for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. Remove from oven and mix in 1 cup raisins or dries cranberries. Cool completely and store in an airtight container.

2 comments:

Sandy Addison said...

Yum!

Stefanie said...

I can't wait to try this. I love granola on my yogurt.