Monday, April 4, 2011

April 4, 1964

My parents were destined to meet, fall in love, marry and raise two perfect and wonderful daughters...well, most of that is true. Mom grew up in the U.S. Forest Service with her parents and my Dad worked as a fire fighter and later Ranger with the USFS. I wrote about THAT love story here, but today is their story. Mom and Dad met at a Forest Service Christmas party and thus began the courtship. When Dad realized that he wanted to make her his wife, he asked my Grandparents...their response? "You have to take the dogs , too!" Mom had a Westie and a Scottie at the time and I guess Dad agreed because both dogs are vivid memories of my childhood.

Mom and Dad have been married 47 years ago today and I am so proud.

2 comments:

klutzymama said...

I love this story!! Happy Anniversary to your parents!

Farmchick said...

How sweet! Happy Anniversary to your parents!