Wednesday, March 23, 2011

A New Favorite Snack

I made these for Super Bowl and they have become a staple in the house. I made them for a bake sale and they sold out quickly. You know they must be good when a 13 year old boy asks for the recipe. Sadly, I can not take the credit...Robin Sue at Big Red Kitchen has made these for years. (she has SO many wonderful recipes...have you checked her out?) Anyway, I have a tall glass jar on the counter with these in it for a quick snacks...they are truly yummy and addicting.
Anyhoo..here is the recipe as I make them.

Garlic Ranch Pretzels

1 bag pretzel Nibblers

1/2 cup Canola Oil (Robin Sue's recipe calls for 3/4 cup)

1 Pkg. dry Ranch dressing mix

3 tsp. garlic powder

Mix all but pretzels in a bowl. I put pretzels in a shallow baking sheet and coat with the oil mixture. Bake at 300* for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. (I goofed the last time and had the oven at 350* with no adverse results...Just watch they don't burn. Cool and store in an airtight container.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Twisted Fencepost said...

I've tried that with oyster crackers and everyone loves them. But not with pretzels. Gotta try that!