Thursday, March 31, 2011

I Love Spring!

While we are supposed to get even more rain next week, we are having glorious temperatures in the 70's this week. The trees are almost finished with their blossoms and everything is greening up. I got the house prepared last week by cleaning most of it and decorating a bit...now I can spend the days outside in the dirt.


I still have my silver branches in the house that I used after Christmas...I found these cute eggs at Target's dollar area and they are a fun addition.


These ceramic eggs have been fun. Several several years ago, I found them on clearance at the 99 cent store...45 cents each! I counted how many years the kids would each still be at home and bought that number. Each year, they decorate one and when they move into their own place, they will take them along. There are no rules on how they color them and I love seeing how their vision changes each year.


The mantel was easy and the painted doily garland was super fun for Sugar Plum Fairy and I. I found cheap doilies at the Dollar Store and she painted them anyway she wanted...again, no rules. After they dried, they curled, so I ironed them and sewed them together. Adds a bit of whimsy, I think.



I got these ducks at the grocery store of all places, years ago. I bring them out each Spring and thought the ribbon was apropos for the season.


I made these eggs last year and while I like them, they were messy and tedious. I cut strips from an old book and used Mod Podge to glue them onto the plastic eggs... I do like them, though unless you look too closely...not overly neat in spots...oh well.

I am linking up with one of my most favorite blogs in Blogland..Beth is talented, creative and kind. Her decorating style is comfortable, chic and brilliant!



4 comments:

klutzymama said...

You always have the cutest decorations for your house. I love it!

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Jen...

My friend, I love all the beautiful color that you added to your spring mantel! It is sooo cheerful and fun! I like how you added the pretty eggs to your silver branches...so pretty! And...I just adore the colorful spring banner that you made out of doilies! What a great idea! But...I think the sweetest of all...are those precious ceramic eggs with your children's drawings! I love that!!! Wished I would have thought of doing something like that when my three daughters were still at home! A beautiful spring mantel...thank you for sharing it with us today!

Warmest spring wishes,
Chari @Happy To Design

tlateach said...

Love your ducks. I have two also. They are not easy to find around my parts anymore.

Sherri @ Design2Shine said...

LOVE your ducks and eggs! I am also raising a 'nutt house' ...our last name is Shelnutt...so I have always said it's the nutt house around our joint.