Sunday, February 13, 2011

A YUMMY Recipe

Robin Sue over at Big Red Kitchen has a ton of fantastic recipes. I received rave reviews from my family for her Italian Sausage Cacciatore and thought I'd share what I did. I halved the recipe, but click on her link for the full recipe.
2 red bell peppers , sliced in strips
1 large Vidalia or other sweet onion, sliced
10 links Italian Sausage, cut in half ( I used sweet, but hubby suggested adding a few links of Andouille
2 jars (1ish lb each) Spaghetti Sauce
Dump the onions and peppers in a crock pot, add the sausage and pour the sauce over all. Cook on high for 6 hours and done! Robin Sue suggests 2 ways to serve this...one as a sandwich on a soft baguette or two, over pasta. We used penne and it was divine! I also stirred it all about halfway through just because I could.

This will be something we have on often on those busy days.

3 comments:

Farmchick said...

Sounds very nice and something my family would like.

Tipper said...

Sounds yummy : )

klutzymama said...

Gonna have to try this. Sounds great!