Tuesday, February 1, 2011

I'm a Sentimental Fool

When I was a teenager, I rescued a pair of bookends from my Mom's garage sale...I didn't even pay her for them as I remember. I don't know why I loved them so much, but I did and they have been with me for nearly 30 years, through thick and thin...the boy was even beheaded at one point.
I recently decided that they needed a facelift, so I got out my can of Rustoleum Hammered Bronze paint and set out to work. I forgot to take a photo of the girl pre-makeover... After one coat of paint I see slight improvement.
After several coats, I am more than happy...and with a necklace of hearts, they are ready for the season...

9 comments:

It's Grace said...

Wow!! Talk about a transformation, they look amazing! I'm pretty sentimental that way, too. There is potential in just about anything, and it's fun to see our visions realized.

Meg said...

I love em! I think I would have nabbed them too!

Megan

http://1funkywoman.blogspot.com

Natalie at Mommy on Fire said...

Oh my goodness!!!!!!! BEAUTIFUL!!!!! Completely impressed...

Farmchick said...

Wow! They turned out great. Quite the transformation.

Farmerswife said...

That looks fantastic! Great job and great story!

Tipper said...

Oh they turned out great! And I can see why you like them-I do too.

klutzymama said...

I think they are adorable. I would've kept them too!

Stefanie said...

Ohh!!! I love them. They really look good. I would have never thought of doing that.

Twisted Fencepost said...

I agree, from the pic they definitely needed an update.
And they turned out great!!!
They are ready for another 30 years. LOL