Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Movies

Recently, I had a couple days in a row when I had nothing to do...actually, nothing HAD to be done and I ignored the things that COULD have been done. I watched FOUR movies ALL BY MYSELF! I have not done that since I had kidnicks, if ever. It was WONDERFUL! I chose movies that I knew Hubby would not be interested in and those that were not appropriate for the younguns. I was pleased with my choices and plan on doing this again in the future.

My first choice was Dear John.
Based on a Nicholas Sparks book, it was sure to be a sappy romantic movie...I was pleasantly surprised. Romantic and heartbreaking...yes, I cried.


I then watched Kite Runner. I read the book several years ago and knew it would be a tough movie to watch. It was, but I enjoyed it....yes, I cried.

I have not read the book Sapphire, in which the movie Precious was based and don't think I will. This movie was extremely hard for me to watch. I can not fathom the abuse that this young lady endured in her life. The movie was well done, the acting was tremendous and probably gave an accurate account, but it was painful, raw and I truly was drained after watching it.

This is a movie I had heard a bit about and thought it would be fun. I am not sure fun would describe it, but one that I truly enjoyed. I cried (again), cheered and smiled like a ninny when all was said and done.

Have you seen any of these movies? Do you have any other suggestions?
Giveaway coming up on Friday!


1 comment:

It's Grace said...

Oh my gosh..Dear John was amazing! It was one of my all time favorites and I, too, cried. Such love, romance, a little suspense...the perfect story. I am choosing to believe they lived happily ever after :)

I've not seen any other the others, but Billy Elliot is in my Netflix queue.

I'll be sure to check into the others, too. I was in bed for 3 days recently and I watched 3 full days of movies...it was heaven. Even though I was sick :)

Erin